NVIRONMENTAL POLICY AND PRESERVATION
The environment is us. It is for this reason that Air Burundi has developed and implemented an environmental policy. This is in addition to recruiting an oversight Officer to look into it. Previous efforts to preserve the environment include acquiring aircrafts with low carbon emissions and sensitizing our staff to a strict environmental preservation principle.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
We at Air Burundi are committed to using sound and responsible practices to protect the health and safety of our customers and to our workers, and the communities in which we operate. In pursuit of this commitment, we strive to exceed local, national, and international standards for safety and environmental protection and its preservation.
This policy applies to all activities carried out or related to Air Burundi and its employees. Airline safety, occupational health and safety, and environmental protection are addressed in a systematic, proactive and explicit manner to ensure that they are an integral part of our day-to-day operations. Implementing this policy is a key management objective and it is the responsibility of all our personnel to work towards that objective.
7 Key principles:
This 7 point policy framework is a key part of our mission in offering a safe and efficient air travel experience to our customers and staff alike. To implement this policy Air Burundi shall:
- Adhere and conform our practices to our own high standards as well as applicable local, national, and international laws, regulations, and standards governing aviation safety, occupational health and safety, and environmental protection.
- Every Year we assess and quantify the environmental or occupational health and safety risks associated with our operations. We set concrete plans with respect to those risks, and at least once every quarter review our progress toward achieving those goals.
- Adherence: each worker is required to take responsibility for his or her own health and safety and those of fellow workers, customers, and the communities in which we operate, all while encouraging adherence to sound environmental practices.
- Consider potential environmental impacts among the criteria for evaluating projects, products, processes, and purchases, and encourage the use of non-polluting technologies to the greatest extent possible.
- Implement and manage our operations and ensure that environmental pollution is prevented and/or minimized by addressing aspects related to materials, spillage, discharges, emissions, waste disposal and ensure their continual improvement.
- Assess and conduct periodic and regular training, education, and awareness sessions for Precision Air staff and our business associates in order to foster a culture of health, safety, and environmental responsibility.
Always ensure that this policy is prominently displayed in all our work places in both the French and English languages.